Tuesday 5 August 2014

'Lobsters' By Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison

'She's your lobster!' - Phoebe Buffay (Friends)

Ok I'm not going to lie as soon as I saw this title in the bookshop that episode of 'Friends' instantly popped into my head which meant I just had to buy it, I couldn't walk past it right?

Well I am extremely glad I didn't! This book is a shiny new contemporary gem amongst the usual teenage angst. A story of 'Sam and Hannah', two 18 year olds in search of 'the one' with only one summer to do so before university begins. 

This book will have you crying with laughter, cringing behind the pages and beaming from ear to ear. A must read for this summer!

I do advise a reading age on this book however of around 15-16 up dependent on the maturity of the reader. Other than that this is a perfect book for any gender or age (above 15) riddled with truth, friendship and vulnerability all of which is very realistic and relatable.
                                           *4 out of 5* 


No comments:

Post a Comment