Wednesday 4 July 2012

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses is the first of 13 book so far in the Morganville Vampires series.

Welcome to Maorganville.
Just don't stay out after dark.

Morganville is a small town filled with unusual characters - when the sin goes down, the bad comes out. In Morganville there is evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.


For Claire Danvers, high school was hell, but college may be murder. It was bad enough that she got on the wrong side of Monica, the meanest of the school's mean girls, but now she's got three new roommates, who all have secrets of their own. And the biggest secret of all isn't really a secret, except from Claire: Morganville is run by vampires, and they are hungry for fresh blood....

'DUMP MEYER'S TWILIGHT BOOKS AND REPLACE THEM WITH THE MORGANVILLES'- SFX magazine.


I received the first book as a freebie in a magazine, I had seen it in the shops and often considered buying it but always decided against it assuming it would be yet another predictable vampire story. However when I started to read the book my mind was totally changed! It was like nothing I have read before! I enjoyed it so much as soon as I finished the book (the next day) I went out and bought the rest! I think what I enjoyed the most about the book is that the main characters in the first book were human (ish) and the vampires where something more talked about than actually appear most of the time. It was cleverly written and TOTALLY GRIPPING! I know I say this alot but all these books i have reviewed are just so good! 5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment